Terms & Conditions...
There’s nothing unusual here – just confirmation that I play fair and I’d like you to do the same.
All and any business entered into by Copywriter.ie, its servants or agents with any other party (hereinafter called 'the Client'), by internet or traditional business routes, is transacted subject to the conditions set out below. PLEASE NOTE: These terms and conditions take precedence over any other contract agreements, especially those drafted by the Client, unless specifically agreed to and notified in a special clause entitled "Waiving normal contract terms and conditions". Any other contract terms will be honored unless they contradict those specified below.
1. OWNERSHIP OF COPYRIGHT - Copyright ownership for all work, finished or otherwise, is retained by Copywriter.ie. No material generated by Copywriter.ie can be published, broadcast or used in any way until the contract has been completed and full payment has reached us. General use can be made of the material by the Client if this has been specifically agreed in advance. Intellectual property rights will not be waived by Copywriter.ie.
2. CANCELLATION - In exceptional circumstances, a cancellation fee may be agreed by Copywriter.ie for work that has been cancelled for whatever reason and will never proceed. For speculative or experimental work see note below. Copyright ownership for all work will remain with Copywriter.ie even when full invoice has been paid.
3. QUOTATIONS - Quotations are valid for 30 days from date of issue. Quotes for third party fees and costs are subject to + or - 15% margin of error. Similarly, hourly rate changes will not affect projects already begun. Please bear in mind that while we try to estimate costs as accurately as possible, quotations cannot be binding.
4. CHANGES - Except for jobs where a flat rate is quoted and agreed, all changes will be made with fees accumulating at the hourly rate.
5. SPECULATIVE OR EXPERIMENTAL WORK - Speculative or experimental work when there is a strong likelihood the work will never be produced will be charged at the normal hourly rate unless an arrangement is agreed before work commences.
6. CLIENT PROPERTY - Client property left with Copywriter.ie, including confidential material, will be carefully protected but is entirely at the Client's risk.
7. COURIERS & DELIVERY - All courier and delivery charges (ISDN, AdSat TX, etc) will be passed on to the Client and may be subject to normal agency mark-up.
8. PAYMENT TERMS - Existing clients can avail of 30 days credit from the date of the invoice which will be sent as soon as the job is complete, or within 8 weeks of the date when the job commences. For new clients, and for jobs commissioned over the Internet, payment will be made by secure Credit Card at the middle and the end of every calendar month for the hours worked to date. The Client will be notified as to the charges as they are billed. The minimum charge for any commissioned job is one hour.
9. PRINCIPLE - The principle of the creative services offered by Copywriter.ie is a consultancy whereby the Client seeks commissioned work based on professional experience, expertise and opinion. The resulting work is considered by Copywriter.ie to be the best course of action open to the Client and if the Client does not approve a recommended approach, Copywriter.ie will look at any number of alternatives with fees accumulating at the hourly rate.
10. DISPUTES - All queries and disputes must be notified in writing within seven days of the date of the invoice or receipt of goods. The ownership of the work or goods supplied shall be retained by Copywriter.ie until Copywriter.ie has received payment in full by the Client and ownership has been previously negotiated and agreed.
11. FORCE MAJEURE - Every effort will be made to carry out the contract, but its due performance is subject to variation or cancellation as a result of an inability to secure labor, materials or supplies, or as a result of any Act of God, War, Strike, Lockout or other Labor dispute, Fire, Flood, Draught, Legislation or any other cause beyond our control.
12. LEGAL LIABILITY - The Client shall be responsible for all costs and damages arising out of any action which may be taken or threatened against Copywriter.ie in respect of any alleged breach of the law in connection with the work done by Copywriter.ie for the Client including breaches of Copyright and Licensing. The Client is also responsible for checking all work before production commences and before print or broadcast in regard to ethical and legal matters and matters of fact, spelling, accuracy, language, translation and other aspects of the final recommended work.
The contract between Copywriter.ie and the Client of which these standard terms & conditions form part, shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland and the guidelines, rules and standards of the Institute of Advertising Practitioners in Ireland, the Advertising Standards Authority and SIPTU (for Voice Talent). We reserve the right to change our terms and conditions from time to time, affecting all new contracts.
© Copywriter.ie 2016 Site by GCGDAD&I